Nowadays, we can say that social media/sites already changed become our new phone. We can contact and telling them the story that we like, we love, even things that we don’t like or hate about by them. It’s so practice and moreover it’s way cheaper than calling use your credit phone. Somehow, many people is becoming addicted with these social sites. One of example is myself.
I’m an social media addicted since (now) I have Google+ account, WordPress account, Posterous account, Twitter account, Facebook account, Scribd account, Tumblr account, Picture Social (for photography lover) account, PicsArt account, and I’m still waiting a request approval for Pinterest account. Those social sites that I have now. I already deleted many social sites that I found not interesting anymore. I’m kinda somewhat loyal consumer for social sites yet if I found it is interesting and great one I will be a completely loyal consumer (like my WordPress account. So far, I will not deleted any account at here since I found WordPress is practical and easy to use. In marketing we are going to call it user friendly.😀 ).
But now, when I saw many accounts that I have, I’m re-thinking once again.
What is the functional of those social sites?
Somehow, I have them because I’m totally into something new. I’m trying to be an early adopter (actually this is the term for innovation diffusion of product yet I think it will be suitable to express about typically of consumer too) where I will use something when no many people use it. At least I will be a lately adopter. I will try to not to be a laggards where is many people already use it for a long time then I will use it too. Even for blackberry, although I don’t like it yet due to my work needs, I use it as lately adopter.
Well, back to the question! What is the functional of those social sites?
For myself, the reasons will be:
1. I use them since I want to see the needs of it for marketing tools. Me and brother are trying to see about internet and web use-ness for theory planned behaviour. For me, in marketing communication mix based on Grewal book, I’m trying to see electronic media roled in marketing.
2. It is easier for me to keep contact with my family, friends, colleagues, relatives and many new people by them. I lived in Netherlands before, so it is easier for me to get any news or paying attention what happen to them especially to my family and my bestiest.
3. To find what is new and happening lately.
4. To share anything that I think good or bad based on my opinion. Talk freely without worrying about the rules when you talk about something. Because it is your opinion.
5. It is one of place to say to the world ‘Hey! I’m here! I’m not extinct yet!’ . I other word, to be exist.
6. I’m kinda a geek person yet I’m proud to be one of them because my geekness still acceptable. Hahahahahahaha…
Well, I only have 6 reasons for them!
Yet I have 9 social sites (that I remember and always / sometimes visit it). So, let me think.. Do I really need so many accounts?
I will contemplating then. Because right now, I’m struggling by myself do I need to delete some accounts again or not. I will see the merits and demerits of them first. Still, I can’t decide.. (-_-)”
So, Pinterest.. Tumblr.. Twitter.. Facebook.. How ’bout to delete ’em all?
I (so far) will keep them then! #grin *wink*