Production and Operations Management Syllabus
Lecturer : Ritzky Karina M.R. Brahmana SE., MA., MIRM
The basic purpose to study operations management especially for management course is giving some perspectives for students to understand how to create and operate productive systems for the satisfaction of human needs in products such as goods and or services. At this production and operations management subjects, students are going to study about operations management such as operations strategy (planning), process design, forecasting, inventory management, scheduling and quality management.
Those concepts will help students to find out the best alternatives what they should do in production and operations management in business actual. After completion this subject so the students should be able to:
– Understand the dynamics of operations strategy and be able to implement it for a company
– Understand about the concept of process design and how to apply it for a company
– Have a good awareness about any obstacles that can be happened in the future and have a precisely analysis to forecast how to accomplish the goal with forecasting techniques
– Understand and able to give recommendation about facility and design for production and operational layout.
– Understand and be able to apply about scheduling techniques in project management.
1. Title : Operations Management 1st Ed.
Author : Roaimah Omar
Publisher : Pearson – Prentice Hall Malaysia , 2005
2. Title : Operations Management 1st Ed.
Author : Kostas N. Dervitsiotis
Publisher : Prentice Hall , 1981
3. Title : Operations Management 4th Ed.
Author : Heizer & Render
Publisher : Prentice Hall, 2005
Assignments and Exams:
For assignment, there will be no presentation yet it will be a pre-quiz every week before the materials begin. The students should be prepared with the materials that will be given that day and or the materials that already given last meeting. It will help student to understand every concepts for production and operations management.
Another assignment will be an exercise that will be given every three weeks that will be given 20 minutes before the class ended. The assignments will be in study cases. No make-up assignment!
For the exams, the final exam will be followed like the coordinator already set. But for the mid-term exam, it will be cases that would be taken from the real problems in company. The length of time is 120 minutes and no curving/cheating! Any students who break this rule will get “E” immediately. The same rule will be applied to the final exam.
The most important thing that should be remembered is there is no replacement exam! And no plagiarism! If student do any plagiarism, he/she will get “E” immediately.
About the attendance, the student will follow the school’s rule where the student only allow to skip/permission/ sick for 3 days (about the exceptional, its already set in school rules and will follow it too).
- No cell-phone and or similar devices activities during the class otherwise the student’s point (overall points) will be reduced 5 points for once activity.
- No MP3’s player and or similar devices otherwise the student’s point (overall points) will be reduced 10 points for once activity.
- No discrimination behaviors in class.
- Any policy issues that are not mentioned at here will be mentioned later on in the class.
Mid-Term Exam 30%
Final Exam 40%
For the grading, it will follow what the school’s policy already mentioned.
Schedule for Production and Operations Management Class